ERRC Coaching Page
Taking your first steps in to Coaching?
Want to improve your coaching technique and knowledge?
The Eastern Region Coach Education Committee can help
Coaching in the Eastern Region is supported by:
Tim Messent, British Rowing Education and Training Manager, East Tim.firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicky Parry, Chairman of Easter Region Coaching Committee, National Coaching Committee email@example.com
Peter Forrest, ERRC Club and Coach Co-ordinator (West) Pf.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacq Barnard, ERRC Club and Coach Co-ordinator (East) email@example.com
The Eastern Region Coaching Committee supports the development of coaches in a number of ways:
- Promoting the Coaching Pathway and Development of Coaches at all levels
- Delivering and assessing British Rowing coaching courses, workshops and training
- Details of planned courses are available on : https://www.britishrowing.org/knowledge/calendar/
- Request a training course: https://www.britishrowing.org/knowledge/calendar/requesting-a-workshop/
- Facilitating networking hubs
- Bringing coaches together for “Sharing Good Practice” days and through our Coaches Forum on Facebook:
- Offering mentors to newly qualified coaches
- Delivering training for Mentors
- Funding advice and financial support for coach training
A broad spectrum of coaching courses is offered by your County Sport Partnership. Your local CSP can be found at WWW.CSPNETWORK.ORG
Emergency Aid training:
The British Heart Foundation offers these courses free of charge. They also offer training for people to deliver the workshop. The link to the BHF site is
St John Ambulance offers community courses for £25 per head or £150 per club.
Safeguarding & Protecting Children Workshops are available are through British Rowing, Sports Coach UK and your local CSP.
If you have any Education & Training needs or issues with course booking please contact the Coaching Team using the e-mail addresses above and we will be happy to help.
Funding is often available through your County Sports Partnership or local authority.
The Eastern Region is keen to support the training of coaches and funding of up to 33% is available for the Club Coach, Session Coach and Rowing Leader courses and may also be available for other British Rowing Courses.
Please download the application form located at the bottom of this page.
If you have any Education or Training needs or issues with course booking please contact the British Rowing Bedford office: firstname.lastname@example.org